May 19, 2018 will mark 20 years since the formation of the Second Presbyterian Church Foundation!
As a part of acknowledgement throughout the 20th year and leading up to the celebratory event on April 6th, 2018, a monthly event will highlight congregational passion toward the ministry partners of our church and provide a thank you opportunity from the Foundation in recognition of our generous and charitable congregation.
The details of this unique and enterprising endeavor, which is also designed to inform the congregation about the mission and work of the Foundation, are below.
WHEN: 2nd Friday of each month, July 2017 – March 2018
WHERE: Online Messenger
WHAT: Individuals email answers to questions posed about the Foundation to email@example.com by Noon the following Monday. The winner will be selected randomly from those providing correct answers.
PRIZE: $2,000 is granted to one Session-approved charity of the winner’s choice.
- Members of Second Presbyterian Church and their children in the home are eligible to participate.
- Ineligible participants are Foundation staff members, current Foundation Board and committee members, and their spouses.
- One winner per household is allowed during the 9-month period.
- The $2,000 grant will be to one charity.
- No single charity can be the recipient more than two times during the 9-month period.
Winner is notified by the following Tuesday and announced in the following Friday Online Messenger along with the answers, the chosen charity, short description of charity, and quote as to why the winner chose that charity.
Keep in mind that The Second Presbyterian Church Foundation website is an excellent resource. Let the passion and charity continue!